- Start Date: Sep 15 2015
- Duration: 1 Year 10 Months
- Role: CEO, Designer, and Developer
- Business Dev
- Product Design
- Team Motivator
- Designed and built 5 operational alpha-prototype systems for paying restaurant customers.
- Successfully launched live remote system monitoring and maintenance via microcontroller IoT connectivity.
- Carried out extensive market research, eventually interviewing more than 200 individuals within several market segments of interest.
- Earned admittance into the esteemed SkyDeck accelerator at UC Berkeley.
- Successfully raised outside angel capital.
- Gratifyingly mentored several younger designers and engineers.
During my last two years of study at the university of California Berkeley I founded and built a startup specialized in building automated gardening devices for restaurants and other food service providers. As CEO and Head of Design and Software, I held many responsibilities within the small company, including: leading our user research initiative, coordinating the conceptual design of the first eight product prototypes, building each system’s internal electronics for automation and IoT capability, and developing C++ based microcontroller firmware. In 2017, I resigned and exited the company to pursue opportunities as a freelance designer and developer.
Software Development in C++
Automation and real-time decision making was achieved through use of an internal microcontroller, sensors, actuators, and C++ firmware.