Human Care Systems | Resilix
- Start Date: Sep 26 2019
- Duration: 1 Year 5 Months to present
- Role: Director of UX | Senior Software Engineer
- Streamlined, refactored, and added unit test coverage to the Nuxt/Vue-based UI microservice.
- Spearheaded all UI efforts, rallying and guiding a team of six other engineers to complete many epics of varying complexity.
- Absorbed, optimized, and owned marketing site projects within HCS, crafting a base template project structured around atomic design principles and built with Nuxt, Vue, Typescript, Tailwind, and reinforced via unit testing by Jest.
- Planned and built a highly coveted configurable video chat feature, integrating both Zoom, Webex, and OAuthentication into the Resilix platform.
- Created and utilized Socket.io-based infrastructure to allow for real-time text chat within Resilix.
- Built out a flexible and configurable hot-key system enabled globally throughout the UI.
- Developed a public npm package for configurably linting directory architecture to enforce naming conventions and other rules across the UI.
- Formalized an interview process for evaluating full stack developers.
- Owned and delivered detailed technical specifications prior to the onset of any epic involving the UI.
- Achieved various company-wide valor awards and 3 promotions within 1.5 years.
Resilix, Human Care Systems premier SaaS product, provides pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies an all-in-one tool to elevate the patient adherence and support experience. As Director of UX and Senior Software Engineer, I led a team of six others through many sprint-based epics, championing new feature development as well as optimization efforts enhancing application performance and user experience. The platform makes use of a private API gateway microservice architecture, with the backend consisting of mostly moleculerjs-based nodes and the frontend utilizing Nuxt and Vue. While there, I advocated for and realized higher quality code standards, a spectrum of new features, streamlined frontend development via custom tooling, unit tests, and workflows, as well as developed an enhanced the interview and onboarding processes for new developers — one that was eventually adopted by other lead members across the product team. Resilix and the HCS team pushed me to grow immensely as an engineer and leader.
Using an adapter pattern, I headed an effort to integrate both Zoom and Webex into the Resilix platform, achieving flexible just-in-time meeting scheduling for nurses.